Friday, August 8, 2008

New Job

I am so happy... I got a new job. I now am the Chicago Account Executive for Giant Bicycles. This is a job I have wanted for a long time and I am so excited to join a great company. I will try not to make this blog an advertisement for Giant, but it will be hard especially given their 2009 road bikes. They are awesome.

I am currently at "The Link" which is Giant's bike dealer event. I have had the opportunity to ride a few of the new bikes and I was blown away. Every road bike wants stiffness, comfort (compliance), and light weight. Comfort was the most evident, but stiffness and weight were also obvious benefits. For those of you that know me, I can't climb worth a damn. I went up a 700 ft. climb with an average 8.5% grade and made it. It was still hard, especially being at altitude, but I don't think I would have been able to do it on my current bike.

Needless to say, I am very excited about Giant's products, people, and my new responsibilities.

1 comment:

Luke said...

Congratulations!