Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Wii - great offseason workout??

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!! My family got a Wii for Christmas!! I am not sure who is enjoying it more... the kids or the parents. I played it quite a bit on Christmas, especially perfecting my bowling. I couldn't believe it when I woke up this morning and had a limp. My left butt cheek was really sore. I felt like a wimp and figured it is just because I haven't been working out enough. Then my wife said she had the same issue except her right quad was also really sore (I guess with my biking, that muscle is in better shape than hers). Also, I worked up quite a sweat boxing and playing tennis. I played golf when I wanted to take a break, but then I remembered why I gave up golf: It frustrates the hell out of me although my scores were much better than on an actual golf course.

Also, when you get a chance, take the fitness test. It grades you to a age of your fitness. I got down to my actual age on my second try. Feel free to post your fitness age in the comments.

Anyway, if you need to do a lot of lunges for your off bike work, get on your Wii and start bowling. Just make sure that you learn how to bowl with your weak hand also so that you can do your lunges on your other leg, as well.

Yes, this is somewhat "tongue and cheek", but if it is the only thing that gets you off your butt, then it is better than nothing.

No comments: