Thursday, January 14, 2010

Definition of Insanity

Insanity:  doing the same thing over and over again and expecting something different.

Albert Einstein

I have found so many applications of this quote since the beginning of the year with regards to my weight, training, business and many other things.  Here are some examples:

- Weight - I have used LeannessLifestyle.com to lose weight and have been very successful while using.  In this case, I want the same results so I should do the same thing.  I have looked into other ways to lose weight but just recently decided I should just use what I know works!

- Training - Let's see... last year, I figured out that not riding much was bad for my fitness and bad for my weight.  Ok, that isn't rocket science.  The year before, I didn't workout much in the offseason and my in season fitness wasn't as good.  So I determined that working out in the off-season was going to happen this year to make riding and racing much more enjoyable.  Also, when I did workout in the off-season 3 winters ago, I had my best season, but I feel it could have been better.  This is why I am doing Cyclo-club this year which focuses more on improving strength than my previous off season plans.

- Business - unless you have been living under a rock, the economy isn't doing great and many businesses have been affected including the bike business.  I have been encouraging my shops to try something different.  Whether it be social networking, email marketing, off-season indoor workouts at the shop, sales (clean-out or close-out), or seminars, many shops are trying something different to increase their business.  Still others are improving the way they do the things they do by improving their stores or doing more of something that they have found success with.  Still others are not doing anything different and are hoping for different results.

So what is important to you and you want to change or have better results?  Are you doing anything about it and to improve your results?

No comments: