Saturday, January 16, 2010

I love my Garmin Edge


I am in my 3rd week of the 90 Day Fitness Blaster at Cyclo-Club.  I was looking at the Forums and someone mentioned programming the workouts into their Garmin Edge.  I always knew that this was possible but never bothered to do the programming.  This guy had actually done the programming and posted them for download.  That was really nice of him!!  Only problem was that he was doing a different plan than I was.  I am doing the Advanced plan.  Should I be doing the Advanced plan instead of the intermediate plan?  Probably, but that is for another discussion.  But I digress...

So, I thought I would try programming in the workouts and see how they worked.  Wow!! It really helps make the time pass by and make sure I stay on track with my workout.  It is also impossible for me to extend out my recovery like I would do if a little computer wasn't making sure I stayed on track.  "I'm not ready for the next interval... (pant, pant or my legs are too tired) just 15 more seconds and then I will start the next interval."

Anyway, if you have a Garmin Edge, give it a try.  It is really easy to program the different parts of the workout.  You can even schedule the workouts on the Garmin.  It has become a very effective training tool, especially while on the trainer when riding miles on end can get very boring.

Oh, and one more thing... Yes, I have had to have my Garmin replaced twice.  I got mine right after they came out, and the first batch evidently had some connections that would eventually come loose.  Not sure about the next one, but in both cases Garmin replaced them at no cost.  While your mileage may vary, I have been very happy with the way Garmin has treated me as a valued customer.

Now time to go put it too use this morning.

No comments: